Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Feb 21st, 2004, 05:03 PM        Stuff I wish I didn't tape over
I used to have a tape filled with Pee Wee's Playhouse episodes. I cut commercials out too, so I was able to fit 14 or 15 episodes on the tape on SLP.

I guess I wasn't happy with it, because I taped over the entire tape with episodes of Salute Your Shorts and the Adventures of Pete and Pete. This is about 12 years ago, and I haven't seen a Pee Wee's Playhouse episode since.

In 1995 I started having a thing with taping Simpsons. Once I ran out of blank tapes, I went straight to my Salute Your Shorts/Pete and Pete tape so I could tape the new episode. At the time I guess I thought Pete and Pete and Salute Your Shorts will last forever...

Now I have about 20 tapes filled with nothing but Simpsons episodes that I don't even watch anymore because I've seen them all literally hundreds of times. I'm afraid to tape over them, get rid of them, or give them away because I might be sad just like I was with Pee Wee, Salute Your Shorts, and Pete and Pete.

Plus I have an old tape of classic All That, which is the gayest thing ever I'm afraid. I don't want to get rid of it though, because I just might feel like watching it again.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Rating: Yes.
Spectre X is probably a spambot
Old Feb 21st, 2004, 05:13 PM       
A few years back one of our Dutch channels had this great big Monty Python special thing, which was on on Wednesday for two weeks. It had the Python crew being interviewed in Aspen, it had Life of Brian, and Holy Grail, it had them Live at the Hollywood Bowl, it had Parrot Sketch Not Included and lots of other stuff. We weren't able to catch everything, but we did manage to catch Parrot Sketch Not Included, Life of Brian, Holy Grail, and Aspen.

I don't even know where they ARE anymore, and I know that we taped over the Aspen thing. As well as over Meaning of Life and Now for Something Completely Diffirent, which we taped when they came on separately.

I WANT MY CRIMSON INSURANCE DAMNIT!
Mocker
EverythingWillSuck is probably a spambot
Old Feb 21st, 2004, 06:05 PM       
Not recorded over, but I used to have some cartoon tapes chock full of shit - from Tiny Toons Summer Vacation to Garfield episodes - when I was younger. Later on, as a dumb 12 year old, I said 'Hey! I'll trash these!' and threw them away.

Also I accidently taped over my dad's tape of a Deep Space Nine episode for an episode of a Mega Man episode when i was nine, since my mom made me go to some religious crap and I didn't want to miss it (lol :roll ) Needless to say my dad wasn't very happy, especially since he recorded it the night before and he was going to watch it later.
Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old Feb 21st, 2004, 06:57 PM       
I have the whole Pee Wee's Playhouse tape collection that they put out. I have like 7 episodes of Pete and Pete, and I think like 3 of Salute Your Shorts. They still show Pete and Pete on Noggin though.
agroskaterik is probably a spambot
Old Feb 21st, 2004, 10:45 PM       
I used to have a bunch of episodes of that old mario cartoon show. then my sister recorded over it so she could tape VH1 COUNTDOWNS

Drew Katsikas is probably a spambot
Old Feb 21st, 2004, 11:14 PM       
Noggin gout rid of Pete and Pete
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Feb 22nd, 2004, 12:22 AM       
Why are they doing this to our childhood
Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old Feb 22nd, 2004, 01:06 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by agroskaterik
I used to have a bunch of episodes of that old mario cartoon show. then my sister recorded over it so she could tape VH1 COUNTDOWNS
When we moved in here there were a bunch of Mario tapes in the basement. I kept them.
zoom
eggyolk is probably a spambot
Old Feb 22nd, 2004, 01:44 AM       
Mario was a good show. Did anyone watch the old Sonic the Hedgehog? Not the shitty one that is on FOX BLOCKS or Toon Disney, but the one where they killed Robotnik and there was blood.

Did anyone watch Street Sharks? I used to get up at 6 and eat a Poptart and watch it. Alone.
ProfessorCool is probably a spambot
Old Feb 22nd, 2004, 02:18 AM       
My Precious MST3K tapes took a couple for the team, my mother needed a tape for the video camera and i gave her attack of the leeches/laserblast tape.

I had salute your shorts and pete and pete on a couple tapes, one of them was taped over so I could get that stupid Goo Punch Epsiode of my brother and me, and the tape runs off before the scene is ever shown.
Pickleman's Uncle
Poxpower is probably a spambot
Old Feb 22nd, 2004, 03:50 AM       
Everything I ever taped, I did not watch again.

:/
Mocker
Old Feb 22nd, 2004, 11:44 AM       
Quote:
Did anyone watch the old Sonic the Hedgehog?
I saw those. I never saw more than one episode, though :/
agroskaterik is probably a spambot
Old Feb 22nd, 2004, 02:33 PM       
oh, and i had a couple episodes of peewee's playhouse on a tape, i later added are you afraid of the dark episodes, then my mom taped over it for some GOD DAMN SOAP OPERAS

looking back, my family hates me
Mocker
EverythingWillSuck is probably a spambot
Old Feb 22nd, 2004, 02:38 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggyolk
Mario was a good show. Did anyone watch the old Sonic the Hedgehog? Not the shitty one that is on FOX BLOCKS or Toon Disney, but the one where they killed Robotnik and there was blood.
the one where they are in the forest and princess sally and all?

that kinda creeped me out as a kid. I mean first it was the (now) toon disney one i saw, later it was that one, and i was like 'wtf sonic??'
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 22nd, 2004, 06:10 PM       
My brother taped over the time I was on the news for an episode of Dragon Ball Z. I was mad
Mocker
Old Feb 23rd, 2004, 12:01 AM       
What crime were you on the news for?
Mocker
Jixby Phillips is probably a spambot
Old Feb 23rd, 2004, 01:09 AM       
When I was in 8th grade, I used to make tons of video projects that were hilarious (at the time they were, anyway). Anyway, I never really even tried to keep them. I almost always instantly taped over them when I went to make new ones. It'd be fun to look at those again.

I taped USA Up All Night almost every weekend but I never kept any. I was going through puberty and I'd just masturbate to the blurred out tits and tape over them again. I wish I saved some of those shows.
ProfessorCool is probably a spambot
Old Feb 23rd, 2004, 01:11 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by HickMan
My brother taped over the time I was on the news for an episode of Dragon Ball Z. I was mad
DId they at least actually fight in that episode
Mocker
Big Papa Goat is probably a spambot
Old Feb 23rd, 2004, 01:11 AM       
Some of my fondest childhood memories are watching Are You Afraid of the Dark

Elektra is probably a spambot
Old Feb 23rd, 2004, 06:45 AM       
i use to tape pete and pete also
i wish i could find the tapes but i think they r long gone
atm i tapeing witchblade and buffy i takeing the tabs out this time so as not to fuk things up. also i alwayse loose them if i don't write the nmaes on them. lol
i use to love the mario bros cartoon i wish i had some eps of that on tape.
Puddle Pirate! ARRRR!
DamnthatDavid is probably a spambot
Old Feb 23rd, 2004, 05:11 PM       
Err, hard to follow Elektra in a post.

Family members had taped over all 1-5, 7-8 seasons of Red Dwarf, True Lies, Air Force One, my MST3k, and my 5th Grade Puppet Story Talent Show, and Goonies. GOODNIES GODDAMMIT!!!
Cupcake Composer

SMN is probably a spambot
Old Feb 23rd, 2004, 05:43 PM       
Back when I was seven, I had a tape of AKIRA and Fist of the North Star Uncut ( I got to watch R-rated anime at an early age thanks to a kind babysitter's boyfriend), but my mom found it, and taped it over for Roger Rabbit and Johnny Dangerously.(DAMN YOU!) Thank god for DVD 10 Years later.

The ones I will Never find on DVD Are all My Episodes of "Legends of the Hidden Temple, Hey Dude, Salute your shorts, and A Whole bunch of NES/SNES Commercials I taped over the years. They all reached the Hell of Being Taped over (Damn, That should have been on Big trouble in Little China).
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Feb 23rd, 2004, 07:38 PM       
I'd tape Roger Rabbit over anime any day.

Since Roger Rabbit kicks ass and all and anime DOESN'T.

But I won't be mean about it since I know how losing something that you taped feels.

I'm a softie that way.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 23rd, 2004, 08:31 PM       
they have the Super Mario Brothers Super Show on DVD now, but it's kind of a bitch to get.

I got a copy of off eBay a couple of weeks ago and I forgot how BAD the quality is. and Toad says "dude" ALL the fucking time. god dammit.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Feb 23rd, 2004, 10:27 PM       
when i was little i hade a BIGASS collection of Sci-Fi movies taped: Tremors1&2, Alien Aliens, Alien3, all of the Gamera MST3K eps, some episodes of bobbys world, and some old sonic episodes. then in one of my "Sugar Induced Stupid attacks" i smashed like more than half of them then taped over my last MST3K tape with.....*sob* Gundm Wing Endless Waltz.......It met a cruel fate of the wood Chipper